Woods Country Cove

Friday, August 28, 2015

Well That’s It !

 

The last Friday and last weekend of August is upon us already WOW ! that went fast ! It has been cool here,  fall like really  and quiet as things slowly begin to change and sense that the season is  also coming to an end . Sometimes the weather changes before the season does and sometimes it just fools us .  Some mornings it has been so cool I can see my breath   a bit  . I love hearing all the crickets this time of year .

AUGUST 2015 (6 of 14)-4

Pretty much what's been going on here  lately lol  the squirrels and chipmunks  seem to have disappeared for a day or two so Miggs is taking it easy , literally lol !

AUGUST 2015 (2 of 14)-4

Mr & Mrs Dove have been scrounging and strolling  in the gardens as all the other birds like the Grackles have disappeared  now . Our Blue Jays are about all though not at the feeders as of yet but they have been squawking in the trees  around the valley . Our Orioles have to gone now all though I have heard just two hanging about but not at the feeders any more I think they are deciding to migrate , always a few stragglers . Chickadees are back just a few and the hummers are supping it up at the feeders and will be for a few more weeks now .

AUGUST 2015 (8 of 14)-4

One of the many hummer feeders I have , this one is outside my kitchen window but hummy refuses to humour me and sit on it when I have my camera in hand so he sits on the tree we have in the front instead so I captured him through the window  , cheeky thing lol !

AUGUST 2015 (12 of 14)-4   Boy they are soo tiny it is hard to tell which is them and which are the tree leaves at times lol ! They have been zooming about  screeching at each other  over  the feeders  I have 4 of them about and well they are all hummy to me lol !

AUGUST 2015 (13 of 14)-4

                                And to think he can hide behind a tiny little twig and not be noticed easily !

AUGUST 2015 (14 of 14)-4

He likes to sit on my hanger for my plant just out side the kitchen window and watches me do the dishes as I chat to him through the window at times and he looks at me like I am nuts  lol yeah yeah ! lol !

AUGUST 2015 (60 of 75)

Some leaves are beginning to change already  and the sky's have sun shine but also with dark threatening  rain clouds rolling over but nothing yet  so far . 

Well that’s about it for me . Nothing much going on for Papa and I over the weekend just puttering , maybe some splitting and chopping  of wood  to stack   have a camp fire , cut the grass  , take some photos here and there  .  Papa will probably be in his wood shop over the weekend as well  finishing up some projects  or starting new ones lol !.

                                                  As for Miggs well she  probably will be doing some more snoozing lol !

                                                        Until next time  Have a good weekend !

                                                               Country Gal

13 comments:

Deb said...

It is a new page we are about to turn. I love the change of seasons that we are lucky to experience. I did not see one hummingbird this summer but then my feeder is far from the window, Next year I should have a kitchen window on the main floor so I'll be sure to have feeders there. I was just returning from cat-sitting when who jumps out of the ditch on our road but the turkey family. Wow...that sure stopped traffic, thank God. All 13 of them probably heading to our house. haha!

Anvilcloud said...

Enjoy the rest of your Friday, and have a good weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, wow August just flew by! The mornings already feel chilly to me. Wonderful post and images of your hummer, sweet doves and your cutie Miggs. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

William Kendall said...

The hummer won't be around for long. Miggs and her tongue, just adorable!

Pamela Gordon said...

We sure can feel the difference in the air here today Elaine. What a change overnight. We even had an earthquake last evening! I have several hummers around still and I'm wondering if they are the ones passing through from the northern regions. I will certainly miss them when they leave! Enjoy the weekend.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Definitely looks like cooler weather is already reached your way, Elaine. Here in NH we have had some great weather this week with only one night of thunderstorms and lightning too. But hotter weather is forecast for next week. A laid back weekend is definitely something to look forward to -- enjoy yours!

Amy at love made my home said...

The weather and seasons can be very fickle can't they! xx

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Life is going to quickly now. Love the way Miggs tongue can be seen when he is resting.

Michelle said...

August has gone by fast and I am ready for fall!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How sweet Miggs looks relaxing! There is a different feel to the air here and we have been getting some good rain. Such pretty photos of your garden and the birds! Have a wonderful laidback weekend!

DeniseinVA said...

Are you as amazed as I am at how fast this year is flying but? Loved all your photos!!!

Linda said...

I'm really enjoying this cooler weather for the end of August. It is lovely to have every window in the house open this morning. I love the evening with the sounds of the frogs and crickets and other critters. The laundry is out on the line and I'm making a few adjustments to the garden and planning what to move where for next year. Enjoy the weekend.

Dagmar said...

Such a lovely lovely blog, wonderful that you have a list of Canadian bloggers.
Hoping you are having a wonderful weekend.
Xo
Dagmar