Woods Country Cove

Friday, July 3, 2015

Oh The Day’s Of Summer

 

Have been magnificent . Warm sun shine cool breezes with the fresh smell of blooms in the air and hay fields  love it .  The evenings have cooled right off and been damp we so far have no humidity thank goodness  it reminds  me of  the kind of summers I remember as a kid on our farm .

I have been puttering in my gardens catching up on weeding after all the rain we had last week , trimming the gardens edges after cutting the grass pruning and trimming trees and bushes to tidy them up as they have grown so thick and full .  

I saw these lovely ladies and young man across the road from me and asked if I may take their photos as they were picking the heads off of their friends Increadaball bush  they obliged .

JULY 2015 (1 of 32)

I just love the ladies and girls hat and dresses  so pretty , They are Mennonites and we have a lot living here in  our valley village .

JULY 2015 (2 of 32)

JULY 2015 (3 of 32)

JULY 2015 (4 of 32)

                                                       Thank you I said , they said your welcome  and off they went !!

Our July flowers have finally bloomed and are looking lovely  one is our big climbing Clematis against the big old tree which has one bloom already out and many more to burst !

JULY 2015 (20 of 32)

JULY 2015 (21 of 32)

                                                     Lots of little white buds just waiting to pop open !

                                      Then we have our giant Lillie's  WOW ! these guys are huge !

JULY 2015 (18 of 32)

JULY 2015 (19 of 32)

Miggs and I were just wondering about yesterday evening and as usual I was taking more photos as I love the evening light from the setting sun !

JULY 2015 (5 of 32)

                                          And here is every ones favourite of all of this blog ! wait for it !!!

JULY 2015 (11 of 32)

                                   MIGGS  our best friend , our buddy our sunshine every day !

JULY 2015 (17 of 32)

JULY 2015 (15 of 32)

She was out side at first with Papa as he was in his wood shop puttering and laying on his step as he had his  shop door open  but then decided to strike a few poses for me !

JULY 2015 (6 of 32)

                                             The sound of Papa in his shop is one of the sounds I love to hear !

JULY 2015 (23 of 32)

Our butterfly , bee and hummer garden is coming along wonderfully and is full of baby bumble bees collecting nectar , butterfly's have stopped on it but they really haven discovered it quite yet to just come to it they stumble upon it for now ! Hummers are busy with nectar feeders for now as their flowers here are close to blooming .

JULY 2015 (25 of 32)

Then it was time to call it an evening and come in for a cuppa tea  on his way in  Papa stopped first to give Miggs a tummy rub before we all went in .

JULY 2015 (32 of 32)

       Silly dog always  flipping upside down  for a tummy rub lol ! Notice how she is looking at the camera  yeah what a ham lol !

Well today has already started out to be a lovely summer day cool this morning birdies singing and chirping sun has risen and it is warming up  and Miggs is out side waiting for me so we can go for our walk and start our day out in the sun . I have no chores to do today so it will be a day of relax and enjoy my gardens . my birdies and critters and all with my Miggs beside me  unless she decides to give chase with a squirrel or two lol  .

                                                                    Until next time .

                                                                 Country Gal

7 comments:

Deb said...

Great photos, Elaine. Love the Mennonite family. :) Your clematis is beautiful. I must get one of them. Your gardens look beautiful. `Hi, silly Miggs.`

Elizabeth said...

A lovely post and lovely life that you have !

Primitive Stars said...

Wonderful post, love those ladies. Papa has such a sweet screen door to his shop, love that door!!!! Happy Friday, Francine.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, I love the images of the Mennonite family. Your flowers are all looking beautiful. And yes, Miggs is one of my favorite pups. He is adorable. Have a happy weekend!

Gail said...

Your place looks great and Miggs is always beautiful.

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Such lovely images. I love the photos of the ladies. They are enjoying the simple things in life!

sweetbriardreams said...

How lovely that the Mennonite family were happy for the photos to be taken. Lovely to see. Of course Miggs is as gorgeous as ever! My new lady, Tia, has just begun to turn on her back for a belly rub, she must be happy with us! Tia says hi to Miggs xx