Woods Country Cove

Friday, April 17, 2015

Feather Funny’s

 

 

For Mr Robin …… I missed capturing him in the bird bath but got him drying himself off after .

APRIL 2015 (1 of 7)

APRIL 2015 (2 of 7)

 

                                                                    Um What ???  you looking at me !

APRIL 2015 (3 of 7)

                                                          Hey lady a bit of privacy here ! put that camera away !

APRIL 2015 (6 of 7)

                                                 Oh to much water still lets see if I can.. just … shake … this off ..

APRIL 2015 (7 of 7)

                                                                  

The weather has been lovely all week and I have been out side either taking photos , going for walks with my Miggs or cleaning up the gardens and yard   I already have a tan on my face and hands lol from all the lovely sunshine we have had  lol  it is  foggy and rainy this morning but is to clear and become sunny and temps are to hit 18C or 64F each day it has been warmer then they say it was to be , I can handle that and the best thing is even the winds are warm now . I have seen lots of butterfly’s flying through and saw a bee yesterday . Now all I am waiting for is the Hummers and Oriole's to show up . We have had a Brown Thrasher  hanging about singing wonderfully but he likes to sit high in the tree tops on the out skirts of the forest area we have a round us and has been a bit tricky to photograph , I am patient in hopes he will come to one of our trees soon and I can get his photo , If you are a birder and have never seen or heard a Brown Thrasher  here is the website for bird Identification I use

                                                        http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Brown_Thrasher/id

                                                                       Until next time , Have a good day !

P.S  If you don't see comments on your blog from me for a bit it’s not that I am  ignoring your blogs cause I do read them  I am just busy in my gardens and enjoying the weather ! After such a harsh winter I have been itching to be out side all day and now I can do that so I am taking every advantage of it all !

                                                                   Country Gal

16 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

You'll be getting telling off from that robin now!
The weather changes after this weekend, back to cold and wet...so I'll make the most of this weekend.
Enjoy!
Jane x

eileeninmd said...

Good Morning, I love your series on the Robin.. Enjoy your day and working outside in the garden.. I am heading out for a walk myself.. Have a happy day and weekend!

Anvilcloud said...

As is often the case, I have fallen behind. The weather has been marvelous, and it's nice to get out and enjoy it.

Linda Kay said...

So happy you are enjoying your garden in the Spring.

Liz said...

It is so nice to see all of the spring birds making their appearance again! Enjoy your gardening time!

Linda said...

I've cut down my computer time as well, usually a bit in the morning and some later in the day. The lovely weather has been calling us outside too ... lunch in the gazebo listening to the birds and the wind chimes and working in the garden, doing decorating and cleaning and organizing and even a bit of planting. Enjoy this weather.

Gail said...

wonderful pictures.

We had a pair of Thrashers that rebuilt every year in a cedar. Lovely to listen to and watch.

Enjoy Spring.

Pamela Gordon said...

Such sweet photos of the robin drying off after it's bath. I don't blame you for wanting to be outside doing the yard work in the nice weather. Have fun and enjoy the weekend.

William Kendall said...

He certainly is preening!

Gill - That British Woman said...

enjoy your days in your garden.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

The Robin is doing a grand job of drying it's feathers :)
We've had rain all week long, so not much planting (other than in pots) is going on here, but like you pointed out, it feels good to be in the warmer air.
Hope you have a great weekend !
~Jo

Amy at love made my home said...

Oh that is so funny!! I am glad that it is lovely and warm for you now and that you are enjoying the sunshine and the garden! xx

Primitive Stars said...

I always love watching birds bathing in the birdbath. Great pictures, Blessings Francine.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Me too! Outside that is, as much as possible and I've just about got the gardens finished.
Hasn't this week been glorious?
You saw a butterfly already? What was it? I've seen lots of bees and think I better bring out the oriole feeder soon.
Have a good weekend!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

A fun series of photos!! I'm glad you're out enjoying the weather *we* deserve it, don't we!! HAVE FUN!!!

Cindy said...

Yes good to be back, if only short bits you know. I'm thinking of you in the garden with the butterflies over head and bitds singing in the background while I"m looking through my windows at 5 feet of snow yet. Good for you, no, really, lol. It has been melting fast around here. Your Robin had a good bath. I had a pair of thrashers??? no, Thatchers hang around here last year and can only hope they will be back again, soon!