Woods Country Cove

Monday, September 8, 2014

This & That Weekend

 

Our weekend was filled with a bit of this and that as Papa and I puttered ! The weather was wonderful , sunny with cool breezes .  

                                                            It was cool enough to enjoy the chiminea !

SEPTEMBER 2014 (2 of 27)

SEPTEMBER 2014 (9 of 27)

                                                            I switched  from  my summer to fall garden flag !

SEPTEMBER 2014 (5 of 27)

Papa made a pole stand and mounted my feeder on it for me . He made this feeder years ago and I was just having  it sit on a big stump for the longest time it is a heavy sturdy feeder and heavier when it is full ! . The funny thing is Papa is 6`1 and I 4`9 and he forgets it is me that  fills it most of the time so he had to put the pole a lot farther down in the ground lol so I could reach to fill the feeder lol .

SEPTEMBER 2014 (11 of 27)

Not to many grass cuttings left in the season now , soon it will mostly be all leaves , then Papa can use his leave blower and mulch them !

SEPTEMBER 2014 (15 of 27)

                                                               Miggs was enjoying the cool fresh air to !

SEPTEMBER 2014 (23 of 27)

                                         The sun sets earlier now but it is so pretty with it’s orangey yellow glow !

SEPTEMBER 2014 (19 of 27)

SEPTEMBER 2014 (27 of 27)

The trees over the valley are ever so slightly beginning to change as we can see just a hint of colour in them whilst others have changed more in other areas of the valley  the sun set shows it all better !

It was a lovely weekend  weather wise and puttering wise to spend it out side in the fresh air ,I find all the fresh air really conk’s us out though lol ! From sunset to moon rises . To all you moon photo  lovers the Harvest moon is tonight and tomorrow night  so get out there and snap a few shots I will be if it isn’t to cloudy ! This is last nights moon as the sun was setting in the west the moon rose in the east !

SEPTEMBER 2014 (4 of 14)

SEPTEMBER 2014 (5 of 14)

                              I like photographing the moon with trees in the photos better, gives the photos more contrast !

SEPTEMBER 2014 (6 of 14)

This morning is lovely , dewy , cool fresh air , sun shining , birdies chirping Crows and Blue jays squawking and the Starlings are chatting up a storm as they feast on the ground  and others sit up in the trees , crickets chirping , Northern Flickers making a ruckus  and other birdies singing away , the temps dropped last night and this morning at 7am it was only 10°C or 50°F   . It is now 7:45 and the school bus should be passing any minuet . I have a few appointments to go to for check ups and then the rest of the day is mine to enjoy ! I am feeling better , thanks to all of  you for your kind words of concern !

                                                         Until next time my friends , enjoy your day !

                                                                            Country Gal

9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I also like the moon with trees photo...and have been doing my own healing. Hope you feel all better soon.

Bethany Carson said...

Lovely photos of the sun and Migga!

Jane and Chris said...

Sort of a sad weekend,knowing that the temps are going south...along with the birds.
Glad you are feeling better.
Jane x

sweetbriardreams said...

I am just catching up on some blog reading and was so sorry to read of Papa's Grandma's passing and also of your ear infection. I do hope with the funeral now been and gone, that the happy memories will now come in waves to cheer your thoughts. I also hope that your ear infection will soon pass, nothing worse! Take care xx

William Kendall said...

I'm noticing the cooler temps in the mornings more than anything else when I first set out. It does warm up, but the first while out and about, you wonder if you should add a layer.

Leah said...

Great pictures - fall is coming ahhh.... Suppose I should change out my flags here soon too.... when out for a drive this past weekend I saw a hint of the trees changing and a few that have changed (early birds)

Michelle said...

Love the pictures. Our temps are changing and I am so ready for fall!

Pamela Gordon said...

It was a beautiful weekend here as well and today and the next few are going to be very nice. The full moon is very bright. We've heard coyotes howling the past 2 nights right across the road! Creepy. :) Have a nice week.

Anvilcloud said...

Congrats on getting the supermoon, or very close to it anyway, I never seem to manage.