Woods Country Cove

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Well ! That’s The Weekend Over

 

Already ??? My how time fly’s when your busy !

Papa and I have been busy , Papa cutting the grass and both did the trimming , then me laundry and watering the gardens , Papa trimming the cedar hedges and both taking down the old gazebo that we never use and making a new little patio for our chiminea which we tested last night as we sat on the patio porch enjoying it …  this was before it’s patio was done lol !

JULY 2014 (2 of 6)

Papa refurbished this chiminea we got free from our neighbours , he did a wonderful job and it works beautifully !

JULY 2014 (3 of 6)

It has a nice deep bottom and it burns the wood so nicely and it smells wonderful , oh how I wish I could bottle the smell of wood smoke !

JULY 2014 (10 of 13)

Harley was sitting in the living room window watching the bees and butterfly's  in the front garden , she was purring and talking to them the entire time !

JULY 2014 (1 of 41)

                                                         Yummy watermelon,  one of Miggs favourite treats !

JULY 2014 (2 of 41)

          We get seedless watermelons  and cut the meat of it off and put it on a plate or in a bowl for her as the seeds are toxic to dogs and the white of the watermelon and rind or skin of the water melon are both harmful to dogs .

JULY 2014 (7 of 41)

                       Oh but how she loves the meat of the watermelon just look at that face as she chews it .

                                                                     That's her look of ….YUMMY !!!!!

JULY 2014 (9 of 41)

                                                                               All gone Miggs !!!!

JULY 2014 (11 of 41)

                                                               Got any more mum ??? Maybe later Miggs !!!

JULY 2014 (13 of 13)

                              I haven’t seen this butterfly before , I looked through my Ontario Butterfly website and it wasn’t listed . Maybe it is a new species . He sure did like my cone flowers though !

JULY 2014 (12 of 13)

                A big thunderstorm is to  possibly  hit here  tonight with warnings of torrential rains and possible high winds and tornados  , the temps are going to drop   and make it feel like fall , the weather station and channel  have been tracing it .. so we are off to batten down the hatches and get the camping lanterns  and hurricane lamps ready  just in case we loose hydro  … it may be doozy !

                                              Until next time my friends ! Hope you all had a good weekend  as well  !

                                                                                      Country Gal

6 comments:

William Kendall said...

It surely does look like Miggs enjoys that!

So that's the proper term for one of those fireplaces. One of my cousins has one.

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that you are safe and sound from the weather and have not suffered any damage. Miggs sure looks happy about her watermelon treat! One of my parents dogs likes a little bit of banana occasionally as a treat. xx

Jane and Chris said...

Does Miggs like any other type of melon?
The chiminea turned out well!
Jane x

Linda Kay said...

I have never tried watermelon with my dogs, and thanks for the info on the skin, etc. Love the fire and haven't seen one quite like it. So happy you had a good weekend, as did I.

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Miggs is savouring her watermelon treat. Everyone here loves fruits, but I am certain they inhale them and miss out on the taste. Very cool here today after the cold front moved in.

RURAL said...

Let me know when you find out what that little beauty is called, because I am pretty sure that's one that we have here.

Of course we joke that they are all Monarchs...

Jen